Saturday, July 09, 2005

Wondir: Spanning The Globe


Wondir: Spanning The Globe


Someone posted a question a few weeks back that got me thinking…(a dangerous thing for me anytime)

Why, when a question is posted do we automatically assume the person is inquiring about the United States? After all, it isn’t the American Wide Web! It’s the World Wide Web…

Wondir has a huge following of posters, both guest and regulars, who are from overseas. But I’ve noticed in my own posts that often when a general question is asked my first response is to give a U.S. based answer.

Now, 99% of the time the answer is correct, but to assume that the person is asking about America is not thinking globally. As Wondir continues to grow it will be attracting millions of people from across the globe and the quick, logical, to us Americans anyway, response won’t always be the correct one.

Just something to ponder…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Free Hit Counters
Site Counter