Monday, January 02, 2006

Christmas, The Holidays and Children

Christmas, The Holidays and Children

Sorry but this was SUPPOSE to have been posted before Christmas, but he had a little change in our plans for the holiday season. While the post is late, we had a fantastic time this past week. So here's what was suppose to be up about a week ago:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

With the approaching holiday season and the merriness of the children, it’s time to reflect on life and the things that are really important.

No doubt your child/children have had their Christmas lists made out for the past year or so…and no doubt with each commercial on T.V. you hear the chants of “OHHHH…I want that!”

But at this time of the year I think its more important to think about and teach your children about the things you already have.

Yes, there still need to be lots of pretty toys under the tree, my daughters all got brand new notebook computers and a bunch of clothes this year, they’ll get more from Mom and the Grandparents I’m sure…but they know those gifts are just gifts…they’re not the real meaning of the season or what the whole idea of life is all about.

To me, and I’m sure I’m not alone, the most important things are the love you share as a family, the closeness you feel with the extended family that you have and the joy in just being alive and being able to live another day with a chance to help someone, care for someone and even at times love someone.

This past year has brought many changes to the lives of myself and my children.

In September of 2004 I joined a website called Wondir and started answering questions from whoever popped on the site. In little over a year I had answered over 25,000 questions. I had met countless people who in their own personal time had given help to those in need, those seeking answers and those just seeking a friend.

Over the year that I was on Wondir I counseled many people, giving only my opinion of what I saw as a possible answer to their problems.

The past year has been a wonderful (WonDirFul?) year for me and for my family. We’ve had a blessing from God that we never would have expected, never knew was even possible. The countless emails, the calls (yeah I do rarely give out a private phone number when I feel it is really needed and won’t be abused), the cards and letters sent to me, my family and other people who I have counseled.

I have my share of happy endings, the ones that turn out much better than you ever expect. And I have my share of unhappy endings, or more like unhappy hiatus…I always like to think the missed chances will come back one more time and try to get things right.

I’ve had my share of failures too. The things you knew just had to work cause the case was so clear and everyone had to see it. But online, you have to realize that you never know what is really going on with the other person, what is really happening and being said on the other side.

As I’m typing the draft for this post, I have Sarah watching T.V. in the living room with her Mom and my kids. I hear laughter and see smiles. I see four children, five if I count Mom, coming out of their shells more and more each day.

I see the future, I see the past, I see what caring for someone is all about.

No, I can’t change the entire world, no one can. But together, if we really try, we really can!

It’s not a war on terrorism, it’s not a war on drugs, it’s not a crackdown on illegal immigration, it’s all about the caring and the love we show each other. It’s about reaching out when no one else will, it’s about taking risks when you truly believe the reward out-weighs the risk. It’s about places like Wondir where you can reach out and help another person, maybe even save their lives.

I’m proud of the time I had put in on Wondir, I’ve been able to be a part of a wonderful community of warm, loving and caring people who give from their hearts, care from their very beings and believe in the one true gospel of this day and age…help others.

I could recount for you story after story, email after email, the successful help I alone have given, then take a long hard look at the countless people on Wondir and magnify that times ten.

What do you have?

A caring, loving and nurturing community that not only has a proven track record, but continues to grow daily, expands to handle new issues, listens to its users and really cares about the person behind the question.

I’d also love to thank all of the people who have stopped by here in connection to me time on blog exchanges…especially Jack, John, Michelle, Raja, and Peebug: who has a blog that always makes me smile…

I’d also love to thank the sites I link to for doing all you do to help others. I’d like to thank the sites that link back to me, you make it all worth wild bringing others in need closer to where they need to be.

I’d like to thank my own kids, for giving up a little of their Daddy so someone else is happy.

I’d like to thank “Mom”, for trusting, believing and having the courage to step-out and do what was needed.

But most of all, I need to thank one little girl who made me really believe, through the good and the bad, that it was all worth it. That no matter what people said about how much time I spend on a website, that no matter how many people told me a person was beyond help or beyond reach, it mattered.

A little girl, who through her courage and perseverance has overcome so many odds and beat the system that is bent on just covering things up and making them go away. A little girl who never gave up hope, never stopped believing, never stopped loving or caring. A little girl who should have the Nobel Prize for Faith…

Sarah

You’ve changed my life, the lives of my children, your mothers life and most importantly, you changed the life you had into one that you wanted.

Look under the Christmas Tree this year, you’ll see the difference you’ve made in our lives.

We love you, we thank you for being a part of our lives and we look forward to many happy years being close.

To the rest of you who had to read through that sappy love song, remember what BH always tells you…

BE SAFE…

BE HAPPY…

BUT MOST OF ALL….

BE YOURSELF!!!!!

Until next time….love ya all…pray for Sarah, pray for our country…and help each other!

Bond Hunter ~ Over and Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Free Hit Counters
Site Counter